The Medina County Sheriff’s Office is searching for Lafayette Township Trustee Bryon Macron.
MG FILE Enlarge
Deputies responded to the Lafayette Township Administration Building, 6776 Wedgewood Road, at 7:25 a.m. Friday for “suspicious circumstances,” according to a news release.
An investigation revealed that Macron, 45, was missing. His vehicle was found several hours later in a public parking lot on Beachside Boulevard in Chippewa Lake.
Macron was entered as a missing person into the National Crime Information Center, an electronic database used by nearly every criminal justice agency nationwide.
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Macron is asked to contact the sheriff’s office at (330) 725-6631. Detective Jim Cartwright is the investigating officer.
The release said Medina County Sheriff Tom Miller will release more information as it becomes available.
Macron’s cell number went to voicemail. Trustee Michael Costello said he was unable to discuss the matter. The third trustee, Lynda Bowers, could not be reached.
Macron was appointed to his position from a pool of 14 candidates in October 2010. He replaced former trustee Don Butler.
“It’s exciting,” Macron said in a Gazette story after his appointment. “It’s been a good day. I just wanted to be involved. I’m going to be living in this community for a long time.”
He has lived in Lafayette Township for 11 years with his wife, Victoria, and their three daughters.
A former Marine, Macron was stationed in Norfolk, Va., where he worked on an antiterrorism security team. He worked from his home as a consultant specializing in the retail sector.
He was co-chair of Friends of Medina City Schools, a fundraising and awareness organization supporting the Medina school district. He also was vice president of the Bennington Pointe Homeowners Association and is active in his church.
Contact reporter Bob Finnan at (330) 721-4049 or email@example.com.
- Lafayette Township trustees select Macron's replacement
- Funeral set for Lafayette Township Trustee Macron
- Preliminary autopsy report indicates Lafayette trustee Macron stabbed
- Delay in Bryon Macron case frustrates family
- Autopsy report: Macron stabbed six times; cause, manner of death remain undetermined
- Vigil held for missing Lafayette trustee
- Police turn up no clues in Chippewa Lake, seek video in search for trustee
- Body identified as missing Lafayette trustee
- Few details released in death of Lafayette Township Trustee Bryon Macron
- Township trustees mourn loss of colleague, friend