Theresa Wade was walking her dog with her husband Tuesday along Chippewa Lake when she said she noticed an older man kayaking, paddling fast toward shore on the lake’s east side.
“The man was breathing hard,” she said.
The kayaker said he needed to call 911.
After asking if he was OK, Wade said the kayaker told her “there is a body floating out there.”
Wade made the 911 call at 2:37 p.m. and told the dispatcher that a body had been found, and then passed the phone to the kayaker.
“It’s upsetting,” she said, recalling how she felt when she made the call.
A Medina County sheriff’s deputy arrived in about five minutes, Wade said.
She said she felt badly for the victim’s family.
She said she has lived on Northvale Drive for about two years and the neighborhood is generally quiet.
A watercraft with several responders took the body to a waiting ambulance on the lake’s west side, across from where divers and other first responders entered the lake via boats.
Wade said she thought right away about Lafayette Township Trustee Bryon Macron, who has been missing since Dec. 16.
The body had not been identified Tuesday.
Contact reporter Ashley Fox at (330) 721-4048 or email@example.com.
- Autopsy report: Macron stabbed six times; cause, manner of death remain undetermined
- Preliminary autopsy report indicates Lafayette trustee Macron stabbed
- Cause of Lafayette Township trustee's death ruled undetermined
- Delay in Bryon Macron case frustrates family
- Township trustees mourn loss of colleague, friend
- Body identified as missing Lafayette trustee
- Funeral set for Lafayette Township Trustee Macron
- Few details released in death of Lafayette Township Trustee Bryon Macron
- 911 call released after body found in Chippewa Lake
- Body found in Chippewa Lake