The funeral of former Lafayette Township trustee Bryon Macron will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church, 11680 Royalton Road, North Royalton.
Macron was reported missing the morning of Dec. 16 after his office at township hall was found in disarray. His black SUV was located via OnStar several hours later in a public parking lot on Beachside Boulevard in Chippewa Lake. Investigators confirmed blood was found in his office and in his vehicle.
His body was found Feb. 21 by a kayaker at Chippewa Lake.
Macron, 45, will be buried at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery in Rittman.
Visitation is 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at A. Ripepi & Sons Funeral Home, 18149 Bagley Road. Middleburg Heights.
Medina County Sherriff Tom Miller, Medina County Prosecutor S. Forrest Thompson and Medina County Coroner Dr. Lisa Deranek held a news conference Feb. 23. They provided few details about the circumstances of Macron’ death.
Deranek said Macron’s body was transported to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy and toxicology reports would take two to three weeks to complete.
Macron is survived by his wife, Victoria, to whom he was married 23 years, and three daughters — Alexandra, Madeline and Mia.
Contributions can be made to the Bryon Macron Benevolent Fund at any Huntington National Bank.
A GoFundMe page was created Feb. 22 with a $25,000 goal. As of Sunday, $13,735 had been raised. Donations can be made at http://bit.ly/2m8YtIx.
Contact reporter Halee Heironimus at (330) 721-4012 or email@example.com.
- Delay in Bryon Macron case frustrates family
- Cause of Lafayette Township trustee's death ruled undetermined
- Lafayette Township trustees select Macron's replacement
- Preliminary autopsy report indicates Lafayette trustee Macron stabbed
- Few details released in death of Lafayette Township Trustee Bryon Macron
- Township trustees mourn loss of colleague, friend
- Body identified as missing Lafayette trustee
- Body found in Chippewa Lake
- Kayaker found body, asked Chippewa Lake resident to call 911
- Lafayette Township trustees return to work as search continues for colleague Byron Macron
- Vigil held for missing Lafayette trustee
- Police turn up no clues in Chippewa Lake, seek video in search for trustee
- Family reaches out to public as search continues for Trustee Bryon Macron
- Blood found in trustee's office; search continues for missing Bryon Macron
- Lafayette Township Trustee Bryon Macron missing