MEDINA — The third Medina County Sea of Youth, a candlelight vigil to recognize men and women of law enforcement, will be 7:30 tonight in front of the Medina County Courthouse on Public Square.
The event was created in 2015 by Trevor Satterwaite, a 10th-grader at Medina High School.
A roll call will be read of those who have fallen.
Musical groups from Medina High School, Claggett Middle School in Medina and Towslee Elementary School in Brunswick will perform.
Free hot dogs from Dan’s Dogs will be offered 6-7 p.m.
Donations will be accepted.
In case of inclement weather, the event will be moved indoors to the Performing Arts Center, 851 Weymouth Road.
The program includes:
- An introduction to the event by county Auditor Mike Kovack, Medina County auditor.
- Singing of the national anthem by Medina High School Encore Chorus. Tyler Skidmore is the director.
- Pledge of Allegiance by The Learning Garden Christian Childcare Center. Dawn Felton is the owner.
- The invocation will be by Payton Felton.
- Remarks by Medina Mayor Dennis Hanwell.
- Chorus by Towslee Elementary, which will perform, “All American Me And You” and “You Are Our Heroes.” Kristy Piper is the director.
- Remarks by state Sen. Thomas F. Patton, majority leader, and Kevin Dunn, Medina County Probate and Juvenile Court judge.
- Presentation of a memorial wreath by Medina County Sheriff’s Color Guard.
- Claggett Middle School chorus will perform “The Unsung Hero.” Carey Knox is the director.
- Remarks by Ohio Senate President Larry Obhof, R-Montville Township.
- A performance by the Celtic Eagle Pipe Band.
- The keynote speaker will be state Sen. Joe Schiavoni, D-Boardman, who is the former Ohio Senate minority leader and an Ohio gubernatorial candidate.
- Lighting of memorial candle and remarks by Satterwaite.
- Roll call reading.
- Taps by Medina High School Marching Band members Jules Davis and Matthew McDowell.
- Song “Jealous of The Angel” by Anastaysia Patterson, Medina High School.
- Speaker Tom Miller, Medina County Sheriff.
- “Amazing Grace” by Celtic Eagle Pipe Band.
- Retiring the colors by Medina County Sheriff’s Color Guard.
- Closing remarks by Kovack.