Lafayette Township Trustees Lynda Bowers and Michael Costello released the following statement today about Bryon Macron, whose body was identified Wednesday after being pulled from Chippewa Lake. Macron had been missing since Dec. 16:
“Our hearts are broken as we mourn the loss of our friend and colleague, Lafayette Trustee, Bryon Macron. We extend our deepest sympathies to his family, beloved wife Victoria and beautiful daughters Alex, Madeline & Mia.
“A man who deeply loved his family and his God, Bryon was so proud to represent the residents of Lafayette, a close-knit township that especially enjoyed his spontaneous wit and ready willingness to help others. Bryon was never afraid to roll up his sleeves and do whatever needed to be done. We will cherish the memory of Bryon’s favorite encouragement ‘Make it Happen.’
“We extend a heartfelt thank you to the members of Lafayette Township Fire and Rescue. With their expert training and professional demeanor, they cared for Bryon one last time in the recovery of his body. Please hold these amazing men and women in your hearts as you do Bryon’s family and the Lafayette Township community.
“We continue to be assured by law enforcement that there is no evidence to suggest this situation should be cause for fear in the community. Numerous law enforcement agencies are working hard to get the answers Bryon’s family and our community deserve.
“The events of yesterday result in a requirement to appoint a third member to the trustee board by March 24, 2017. Letters of interest with a resume should be delivered to the town hall by March 10, 2017.
“We are so very grateful for the overwhelming support from our community. For those who want to help Bryon’s family, contributions can be made to the Bryon Macron Benevolent fund at any Huntington Bank.”
- Delay in Bryon Macron case frustrates family
- Cause of Lafayette Township trustee's death ruled undetermined
- BCI to take over investigation into former Lafayette trustee Bryan Macron's death
- Autopsy report: Macron stabbed six times; cause, manner of death remain undetermined
- Few details released in death of Lafayette Township Trustee Bryon Macron
- Funeral set for Lafayette Township Trustee Macron
- Preliminary autopsy report indicates Lafayette trustee Macron stabbed
- Body identified as missing Lafayette trustee
- Body found in Chippewa Lake
- Kayaker found body, asked Chippewa Lake resident to call 911
- Lafayette Township trustees return to work as search continues for colleague Byron Macron
- Vigil held for missing Lafayette trustee
- Police turn up no clues in Chippewa Lake, seek video in search for trustee
- Family reaches out to public as search continues for Trustee Bryon Macron
- Blood found in trustee's office; search continues for missing Bryon Macron
- Lafayette Township Trustee Bryon Macron missing